HOME | Pacquiao vs Cotto News | Pacquiao vs Cotto Videos | Pacquiao vs Cotto Pictures


Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cotto: "Hey Freddie, I am Not De La Hoya or Hatton"

Miguel Cotto wants to send a message to Freddie Roach, the trainer of Manny Pacquiao - "be ready for a war." Cotto doesn't want Roach to think Pacquiao will have an easy night on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Cotto does not want to be compared to Pacquiao's most recent victims, Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton.

"I have some news for Freddie, I am not Oscar De La Hoya who was caught at the end of his career, and I am not overrated like Ricky Hatton. Roach knows what Pacquiao will be facing on November 14. It will be a war," Cotto told Primera Hora.

Cotto then said if Pacquiao wants to fight for the WBO welterweight title, he must be willing to make the fight at 147-pounds and not the agreed upon catch-weight of 145. Francisco "Paco" Valcárcel, the president of the WBO, wants Cotto to put up the title. If the WBO wants to strip him, Cotto is willing to deliver his title to the sanctioning body.

"The weight of 145 pounds is not a division. If the WBO doesn't agree with my decision, the I wll gladly deliver them the title. I do not have any problems with that. The WBO has the legal authority to dismiss me as champion and I will gladly deliver them the title. Paco Valcárcel knows better than anybody that 145 pounds is not a division," Cotto said.

"If Pacquiao wants the fight to be for the title, it will have to be at 147-pounds. I won the title at the welterweight limit and that is 147 pounds."

Source: boxingscene.com

No comments:

Post a Comment