HOME | Pacquiao vs Cotto News | Pacquiao vs Cotto Videos | Pacquiao vs Cotto Pictures

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Report: Cotto finally stakes WBO belt vs Pacquiao

MANILA -- The contract for the Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto match up has finally been signed with the Puerto Rican’s World Boxing Organization belt at stake.

According to Philstar.com, Cotto has agreed to fight at 145 pounds with his title on the line on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Pacquiao's legal counsel Jeng Gacal said the revenue cut will be at 65-35 with the lion’s share going to the Filipino superstar.

With the WBO title at stake, Pacquiao now has the chance to become the first boxer in history to win seven world titles in as many divisions.

Pacquiao had previously won the WBC flyweight, IBF super bantamweight, WBC junior lightweight, WBC lightweight and IBO junior welterweight crowns.

He also won the lineal junior welterweight title during his last fight against Ricky Hatton.

Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach said training for the Cotto fight will begin in September.
He said that he has already watched some of Cotto’s bouts.

“I have been concentrating on how well he did against Shane Mosley. How he neutralized Shane’s speed,” he said. “Yes, we will have a great game plan for Cotto.”

One factor he considered about Cotto is the Puerto Rican's punching power.

“Of course Cotto’s power is a major concern for me but I really think that we will have no problems,” said Roach. “I’m training Manny not to get hit.”

Source: abs-cbnnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment