HOME | Pacquiao vs Cotto News | Pacquiao vs Cotto Videos | Pacquiao vs Cotto Pictures


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pacquiao: "We Are Ready For Whatever Cotto Brings"

Manny Pacquiao's traing camp is starting to wind down for the toughest fight of his career. He challenges WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Pacquiao is a heavy betting favorite but he is not overlooking Cotto in any form. He views Cotto as a very dangerous opponent and won't buy the heavy talk that has the Puerto Rican champion losing a step or two.

"This is the toughest fight of my career and I will not waste this opportunity. I'm taking this fight with the seriousness it deserves. I won't let myself get carried away with the comments [of others]. Many are saying the punishment from Margarito and Clottey has affected him, but I won't depend on that. Cotto is still a very strong fighter, bigger than me. I have to fight smart and not underestimate him," Pacquiao said to Primera Hora.

Pacquiao has spent many hours with Freddie Roach, studying film footage of Cotto's past perforances. Pacquiao says that he knows Cotto's strong and weak points. He is ready for whatever Cotto happens to bring that night.

"The intensity remains the same. Perhaps what has changed somewhat is the type of training strategy, because we have to adjust to a particular style to fight Cotto. We need to apply certain techniques. I have spent many hours of studying [film] with Freddie, to identify his weaknesses and strengths and to find his key points," Pacquiao said.

"We are ready for what they bring. We have studied him very well. What I do is stand in the ring, box and put on the best fight possible. I'm not looking for a knockout. But I'll welcome it if it comes."

Source: boxingscene.com

No comments:

Post a Comment